REFLECTOR: [Fwd: Re: Franklin starter won't engage.]

michalk michalk at awpi.com
Mon Nov 28 16:05:08 CST 2005


You could pay someone to hand prop it for you.
Take out insurance first.

Has anyone ever heard of anyone hand starting a 10.5:1 compression ratio 
engine?

What about alternatives?
Try loosening the bolts, and give it a good rap with a hammer to try and 
get the bendix unstuck.  Remove the cover from the other side and try 
the same thing.  Actually, try that one first.  Is it possible to try it 
while cranking?


MikeWatsonSpg at cs.com wrote:
> Thanks Brian,
> 
> I spoke to Jene at Skytec this morning, he said just about the
> same thing.  The only problem now is that the plane is stuck
> at KOBE Okeechobee airport which has no maintenance facilities.
> 
> I now have to truck it back to KLNA Lantana Airport to pull the
> starter off.
> 
> The starter in Larry's picture is a Pat Goodman starter. It's the
> one I removed to install the Skytec. I compared the weight and
> the Skytec is slightly lighter.
> 
> Mike W.
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list