REFLECTOR: Franklin Starter

Donald Royer djroyer at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 26 10:26:40 CST 2005


I agree with Ronnie. In my old Mooney the first sign of a battery going bad was always a bendix that wouldn't engage. On the other hand, I have has a Skytec starter on my Franklin in my Velocity for three years now and I haven't had a bit of trouble with it. I think that it is a great starter.

Don
 
----- Original Message ----- 
From: Ron Brown 
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Sent: 11/26/2005 7:43:28 AM 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Franklin Starter


Mike,

Make sure your battery is good and hot.  A bendix that doesn't want to engage often is the result of low voltage condition.  This is caused by the starter not spinning up to speed fast enough to cause the bendix to engage.  

Ronnie
----- Original Message ----- 
From: MikeWatsonSpg at cs.com 
To: reflector at tvbf.org 
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2005 9:27 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Franklin Starter


Brian,

I don't see where that is possible. The skytec starter has a 
long shaft with the bendix assemble extending almost the
full length of the breather housing. Unless there is some way
to disassemble and remove the bendix mechanism, I see no 
way to remove it without pulling back the engine.

John, the engine was off for forty-five minutes, but was still
very warm when it happened.

Mike W. 



_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20051126/e0632474/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list