REFLECTOR: Franklin Starter
Brian Michalk
michalk at awpi.com
Fri Nov 25 23:19:47 CST 2005
If it didn't engage, then you may not have to unbolt the engine mount.
If I recall, the starter can be installed/removed without unbolting the
mount.
I'm using a Skytec as well.
MikeWatsonSpg at cs.com wrote:
> What starter are you Franklin drivers using?
>
> I just put a new skytec starter on my Franklin engine last week.
> on the second flight today, the starter refused to engage and start
> the engine. It just spins but refuse to engage the ring gear.
>
> The old starter supplied with the engine refused to turn over the
> engine when it was hot. The problem now is that I have to unbolt
> the engine mount from the firewall and move the dam thing back
> fore inches to get the starter out.
>
> Mike W.
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list