REFLECTOR: Shimmy and Nose Gear Pivot Bushings

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Fri Nov 18 14:18:48 CST 2005


            TEC
 
            You wrote....After 700 hours flying my STDRG, I find that I
only have a shimmy (nose wheel) problem when my Cleveland brake disks
get some time(braking) on them.  They seem to warp just enough to cause
a shaking (however slight) in the main gear leg, which in turns produces
the nose shimmy.
 
            So yes, I thought I understood you when you wrote that it
was caused by the brakes and not the nose wheel.  But I went astray when
I read that your brakes, in turn produced "nose shimmy".  I just assumed
that that you thought your nose wheel was shimmying---which is what I
doubted was happening.  But if you were just saying that your nose was
shaking, then that's different than my inexact reading of your posting.

 
            Chuck  
 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of HYTEC45 at aol.com
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 1:37 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Shimmy and Nose Gear Pivot Bushings
 
In a message dated 11/18/2005 10:26:43 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
cjensen at dts9000.com writes:
	"are you sure it is the nose wheel that is causing the shimmy
you are feeling?" 
I thought I made it very clear in my post that the shimmy was NOT caused
by the nose wheel, but the brakes.
 
TEC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20051118/e5190fbc/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list