REFLECTOR: Tack rag

Jeffrey Clough jclough at gci.net
Wed Nov 16 15:33:53 CST 2005


Uhhh,,...pardon my ignorance about painting.....but what is a 'tack
rag'.....I'm guessing a sticky paint dampened lint free rag?
Jeff C

Scott Derrick wrote:

>>Also, be sure to use tack rags just before spraying.  I forgot one time
>>and dust was everywhere in the paint.  I thought there was a problem with
>>the spray booth (leaks, etc) and then I remembered I had forgotten to tack
>>rag the piece.
>>    
>>
>
>I've made this mistake too. It is critical to
>
>1.) First wipe down with whatever solvent/cleaner the paint system
>recommends.
>
>2.) Then wipe with a tack rag.  Very lightly so you don't smear wax onto
>the surface.
>
>Does these two things and you'r contamination problems are 95% solved..
>
>Scott
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>  
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list