REFLECTOR: NOSE GEAR DOOR DO-HICKEY
Ron Brown
romott at adelphia.net
Mon May 30 09:35:21 CDT 2005
I'm not sure if you can upload videos to the gallery but it's worth a try!
1. Go to http://www.tvbf.org/gallery/
2. Click on "LOGIN" at the upper right of the screen.
3. Enter user name "tvbf" (without the quotes)
4. The password is "jamaicangoose"
5. Then on the left side, choose the folder or subject that you want to
upload the pictures to and click on it.
6. Click on "upload" in the upper right side of the page.
7. Then you will get a new page that says "FILE TO UPLOAD", click on
"browse" which will allow you to choose the folder location on your C: drive
of the pictures you want to upload.
8. Click on the file you want to upload, then click on UPLOAD.
Good luck!!! I hope this helps.
Ronnie
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom & Mo Falls" <thefalls at athenet.net>
To: "'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 10:12 AM
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: NOSE GEAR DOOR DO-HICKEY
After hearing of your issues Tom, and getting a look at the pics from Doug
K, I did some sketches and have completed a proof-of-concept of the
mechanical linkage with threaded rod. I did all this after installing then
removing the factory version cylinder & sequencing valve.
If someone could pass the instructions for uploading to the gallery, I'll
load a pic and a video clip.. For the proof-of-concept I mocked up the pivot
shaft with ¼" threaded rod, used jam nuts to hold the links in position and
used wood dowel for the connecting rods. Most of the rest of the parts are
purchased or from the factory design.
I did a sketch with Visio and used the mockup to check/adjust dimensions.
I'll clean it up and save it as a jpg in the next couple of days. I have an
SERG (which should look like a plane in 2008) and don't know how well these
dimensions will work in an XL. Next step is to fab the final components and
then find someone that can do a little welding for me.
Tom F.
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Martino
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 7:40 AM
To: reflector at www.tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: NOSE GEAR DOOR DO-HICKEY
Who was the genius that posted photos of that mechanical nose gear door
closer?
I want to retrofit my plane! I need basic dimensions ... or better yet ...
I will buy one already made from anyone who has built it!
I have had a terrible time with my hydraulic system. It works fine ... but
the little balls at the ends of the "t" going through the rod end ... snap
off from time to time. I have elongated the slots and reduced tension as
much as I can without having the doors loose ... but eventually one side or
the other snaps off ... leaving a door to dangle.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.322 / Virus Database: 267.3.0 - Release Date: 5/30/2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list