REFLECTOR: Sump tank fitting clearance

Jeffrey Clough jclough at gci.net
Fri May 27 16:36:50 CDT 2005


Hey folks....retrofitting my 173RG to the new sump tank system (that 
fits under the center section spar against the firewall) and am having 
the darnedest time getting the hydraulic fittings in the sump tank to 
clear the upper gear legs during retraction. I have sunk the fittings 
about as far into the hard points in the tank as I think possible, but 
the gear leg(s) still scrape on the fittings during their cycle up and 
down.  The upper gear legs have that torsional wrap all the way to the 
top....anyone think it would be OK to grind a small stripe into the 
upper gear leg to allow for clearance? I don't think the upper gear legs 
carry a lot of torsion above the through-the-leg main gear bolt......the 
upper legs are there mostly for the retract system and a fore/aft 
stability provided by the sockets,....right? OK to grind away some gear 
leg????? Anyone else  experience this problem?   THANX    Jeff Clough   
173RG


More information about the Reflector mailing list