REFLECTOR: Tractor vs Pusher props
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu May 26 22:28:01 CDT 2005
No, my current one is 64, my new on is 68, all below applies.
My current Catto is 64, and there is plenty of room.
It looks to me that a reduction in ground clearance of 2 inches won't
matter that much. I taped a 2 inch stick to the prop and then lifted
the nose up. You have to be at a ridiculous angle of attack to hit the
prop. I will probably see a bit more abrasion on the tips but thats
easy to deal with.
Craig said for performance, especially at low speeds the extra 4 inches
in diameter will help a lot. I can always trim it down if I feel its
too long.
Tom Martino wrote:
>I'm sorry, I read the following and assumed the prop was 68" ... maybe
>a misprint!
>
>
>
>>Propeller for Std. Velocity RG
>>68" Diameter x 105" Pitch
>>TSI0-520 325HP at 2700PRM
>>Top Speed at Target RPM- 255mph at 2500rpm
>>
>>
>
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
>Behalf Of Scott Derrick
>Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 8:35 PM
>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Tractor vs Pusher props [heur]
>
>My current Catto is 64, and there is plenty of room.
>
>It looks to me that a reduction in ground clearance of 2 inches won't
>matter that much. I taped a 2 inch stick to the prop and then lifted
>the nose up. You have to be at a ridiculous angle of attack to hit the
>prop. I will probably see a bit more abrasion on the tips but thats
>easy to deal with.
>
>Craig said for performance, especially at low speeds the extra 4 inches
>in diameter will help a lot. I can always trim it down if I feel its
>too long.
>
>Scott
>
>
>
>Tom Martino wrote:
>
>
>
>>Scott,
>>
>>My original MT Prop is 164 mm or 64.5 inches. Do you find 68 inches a
>>bit long? Have you checked for ground clearance?
>>
>>I am thinking of buying one.
>>
>>Tom
>>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
>>Behalf Of Scott Derrick
>>Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 8:17 PM
>>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Tractor vs Pusher props [heur]
>>
>>All this talk of props, I just got word from Craig that my new prop is
>>shipping!!
>>
>>Propeller for Std. Velocity RG
>>68" Diameter x 105" Pitch
>>TSI0-520 325HP at 2700PRM
>>Top Speed at Target RPM- 255mph at 2500rpm
>>
>>Man that is a lot if pitch!!
>>
>>Scott
>>
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>To change your email address, visit
>>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>_______________________________________________
>>To change your email address, visit
>>
>>
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>
>>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>user:pw =vbf:jamaicangoose
>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw =vbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list