REFLECTOR: NASA SATS Demonstration

Paul W. Krasa p.w.krasa at larc.nasa.gov
Mon May 23 15:26:50 CDT 2005


Can I sid epost this to Canard Aviators, and Cozy?

Paul


At 04:18 PM 5/23/2005, you wrote:
>Hey Guys June is coming up pretty fast. Here is the email I sent out 
>earlier. After some clarification we were talking about having a lunch 
>event on Sunday June 5 and those who wanted could stay for the live demo 
>on Monday. The Monday demo will be kicked off by both the NASA and FAA 
>administrators. Phil Boyer will speak to introduce the technical demo and 
>we will have a few other folks. Including Jim Fallows.
>At any rate it would be great to have Velocity's parked on the ramp. I 
>need some idea if you are coming but it is open to the public. If someone 
>would like to arrive on Saturday i can arrange that and you can be my 
>guest at a hangar party that night.
>
>>Dear velocity Owners
>>
>>Year before last (2003) we had some plans for a Velocity Fly-in to be 
>>held in Virginia. The fly-in was cancelled due to Hurricane Isabel's 
>>pending arrival. Unfortunately Isabel made it. I am still cleaning up 
>>around the house.
>>In my real job I work with NASA and the FAA on the future technologies 
>>and procedures that will enable a Small Aircraft Transportation System 
>>SATS) in this country. That is the ability to have on-demand 
>>point-to-point transportation using small aircraft and small airports. 
>>Yeah I know that is something we already do. In this case we are trying 
>>to make it so that the other 99.5% of the population could also do it at 
>>somewhere a reasonable cost.
>>I use my Velocity in much of our public display and outreach activities.
>>This SATS project ends this year with a demonstration in June in Danville 
>>Virginia. The first day is a fly-in with the FAA sponsoring a Wings 
>>seminar focused on "Glass Cockpits" the entire techno exhibit will be 
>>open and it is all free. As I am somewhat responsible for this deal I 
>>would be able to coordinate some additional activities if a bunch of 
>>Velocities were to arrive.
>>The details about the demonstration are at http://www.sats2005.com. This 
>>is going to be a pretty neat event for the public and the government 
>>folks and is also a good reason to fly to Danville.
>>I am looking for some indication of interest. I realize this is only 
>>applicable to those of us on the east coast but if you think you might 
>>want to attend please do If I can get a count we can plan some specific 
>>Velocity activity.
>>You can contact me directly at the From e-mail
>>Check out the other SATS websites for more information.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>--
>>Jack Sheehan
>>Executive Director
>>National Consortium for Aviation Mobility (NCAM)
>>Visit the following sites
>>http://www.ncam-sats.org, http://www.sats2005.com, http://sats.nasa.gov
>>_______________________________________________
>>To change your email address, visit 
>>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>--
>Jack Sheehan
>Executive Director
>National Consortium for Aviation Mobility (NCAM)
>Visit the following sites
>http://www.ncam-sats.org, http://www.sats2005.com, http://sats.nasa.gov
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html





More information about the Reflector mailing list