REFLECTOR: Help-elevators
Lawrence J. Epstein,MD
ljepstein at hotmail.com
Mon May 23 08:18:36 CDT 2005
I decided that it wasn't worth the time to worry about it! It took
about 5 minutes to cut & shape a piece of blue foam in place. I will
trim as necessary later. I decided it is easier to start too big & trim
than to try to extend it later!
Thanks all for the input.
Larry Epstein
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 10:41 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Help-elevators
Larry,
I just went outside and measured. My elevators ended up being trimmed.
The dimensions are about 72" at the tube end. At the thin end (inboard)
they were trimmed more to allow clearance for the fuselage. Also, I
ended up needing to fill the inboard portion of one elevator so that it
fit closely to the fuselage. let me know if you need to do that. (If you
look, you will notice that the inboard ends need to be cut to fit to the
concentric torqure tubes. It was from the torque tubes inboard where I
had a little more space than I wanted.)
I have a feeling that each Velocity is a little different where the
elevators need to be trimmed near the fuselage. The torque tube and
outboard ends should be fairly consistant.
Hope that helps.
Kurt.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050523/c4714308/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list