REFLECTOR: Help-elevators

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun May 22 07:25:21 CDT 2005


Kurt,

Custom Aircraft Parts is my fall back if I can't find a local. They do 
excellent work.  I've used them for years.

It just the logistics problem with long distance fabrication.

Scott

nmflyer1 at aol.com wrote:

> Scott,
>  
> Hmm, Funny you should ask that. When I was looking to get my exhaust 
> built for the V, I checked all over town. I found onle place that said 
> they could do it. They ended up ruining my flanges and making me a 
> rather expensive anchor. (I did get my money back).
>  
> After lots of checking, I used a place that I think you recommended in 
> the first place. Custom Aircraft Parts in El Cahon Ca.  I built a mock 
> up out of PVC, and sent it to them. They built me a very nice exhaust 
> system, and it was perfect. Not only that, they called to double check 
> some of my preferences, and did it all for a fair price. I think the 
> whole thing took them a week.
>  
> I can ask around again, but I have a feeling that you would not find a 
> place around here that will do the quality work you would want.
>  
> I later had the exhaust in the 235 rebuilt by Custom Aircraft Parts, 
> and again, fantastic service at a very good price.
>  
> Kurt
>  
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Sat, 21 May 2005 21:03:07 -0600
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Help-elevators
>
> Kurt, 
>  
> I'm in need of a master exhaust welder. I'm repairing and modifying a 
> Turbo installation. Race Prep Motor Sports in ABQ was recommended but 
> there listed phone number is off line. Can you recommend a local shop 
> that does turbo/exhaust work? 
>  
> Scott 
>  
> nmflyer1 at aol.com <mailto:nmflyer1%40aol.com> wrote: 
>  
> > Larry, 
> > > I have the same model, and had the same problem with my elevators. 
> It > has been a while, but what I did was take some of the scrap blue 
> foam > and cut a piece slightly oversize. I then placed it BETWEEN the 
> good > pieces, and very slowly sanded it down to the right contour. 
> > > I remember being a little worried about making it right, but it 
> ended > up taking less than one evening to get it all mated up. 
> > > You could always ask the factor! y to send you another core to 
> use, but > that probably isn't necessary. 
> > I remember making the filler piece 4"-6" wide. If you have some pour 
> > foam, it would be easier than what I did by using a scrap piece or > 
> blue foam. Get everything jigged up where you want it, make a small > 
> dam, and put the pour foam between the good blue cores. wait til it is 
> > cured, and rough cut by hand with a hack saw blade. Then sand the 
> last > bit to match. 
> > > Shouldn't be too bad. I built all my surfaces (no fast build 
> options > here). I found it pretty easy and quite rewarding once it 
> was done. 
> > > Keep on plugggin' 
> > > Kurt > > -----Original Message----- 
> > From: lawrence epstein <ljepstein at hotmail.com 
> <mailto:ljepstein%40hotmail.com>> 
> > To: reflector at tvbf.org <mailto:reflector%40tvbf.org> 
> > Sent: Sat, 21 May 2005 22:06:16 +0000 
> >! ; Subject: REFLECTOR: Help-elevators 
> > 
> > Help! > starting to fabricate my elevators (I knew I should have 
> paid Alan > Shaw for the control surfaces!) > > Elite 173 > > I mated 
> the 2 foam peices and they add up to only 73 inches. the > manual says 
> the elevators should be 75 inches each. > > Odes this get trimmed 
> later? > > Should i bond them to the torque tube @ 75 inches & fill 
> the middle > (with foam?) > > Any ideas?? > > Larry Epstein > > 
> _______________________________________________ > To change your email 
> address, visit > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector > > 
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery> 
> <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose > Check 
> new archive! s: www! .tvbf.org/pipermail 
> <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail> > <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail> > 
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html > 
> >------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
> > 
> >_______________________________________________ 
> >To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 
> > 
> >Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery> 
> >user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose 
> >Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
> <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail> 
> >Check old archives: 
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 
> <http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.h%21%0A%20tml> 
> > 
> _______________________________________________ 
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 
>  
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery> 
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose 
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
> <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail> 
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list