REFLECTOR: Flying High

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon May 16 20:46:31 CDT 2005


No, the interpretation is that a headache "can" be caused by dehydration 
and not by hypoxia.   Get it?

Scott


Jorge Bujanda wrote:

> I hope the interpretation is not that by additional liquid ingestion 
> one will get rid of the effects of hypoxia.  Again, the headache is 
> not the problem, it is a sign of something worse taking place in your 
> body.  Helping the symptom disappear may worsen one's ability to 
> realize a problem exists. Jorge
>
>
> HYTEC45 at aol.com wrote:
>
>> In a message dated 5/16/2005 9:31:43 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, 
>> nmflyer1 at aol.com writes:
>>
>>     Much of the cause of headaches "after" a flight is caused by
>>     dehydration. "offgassing" of moisture as you breathe at higher
>>     altitudes will dehydrate you faster than on the ground. In
>>     addition, many folks don't drink enough (or as much as they
>>     usually do) when flying....because of the extra stop that it may
>>     cause.
>>
>> This hit's the nail on the head.  I have always not ingested enough 
>> liquids when I should throughout the day.  I usually only do when 
>> thirsty, and I have been told that's too late.  Adding to this is 
>> making a point of not drinking to much before a flight as to prevent 
>> a "critical bladder situation".
>>  
>> Great information!  Thanks,
>>  
>> TEC
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list