REFLECTOR: RE: HIGH SPEED FLUTTER
Alex Balic
alex157 at pwhome.com
Sat May 14 15:32:11 CDT 2005
Tom-
Did you add weight to the aileron that you added the tab to in order to
balance it after the tab was installed?
-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Martino [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Tom
Martino
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 11:02 AM
To: reflector at www.tvbf.org
Subject: HIGH SPEED FLUTTER
I recently added a ground adjustable trim tab to the right aileron. I is 10
inches long and 2 inches wide.
After that the aileron started fluttering at around 150 KIAS.
I timed it down by on-half inch ... then got flutter at 180 KIAS.
I am going to trim it more ... does anyone have a trim tab on their aileron?
Have they experienced this phenomenon?
Should I have added a little weight to the other aileron to "balance them
out"?
Prior to this I have tested my plane up to 195 KIAS and did not get any
vibration or flutter. So I suspect it IS the trim tab.
Any thoughts?
Tom
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 5572 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050514/84c55c52/winmail.bin
More information about the Reflector
mailing list