REFLECTOR: Flying High

Jorge Bujanda jbujanda at dslextreme.com
Sat May 14 10:04:44 CDT 2005


In total agreement!
Jorge


NMFlyer1 at aol.com wrote:

> Jorge,
>  
> Excellent post on O2. I would like to add a couple things.
>  
> I have been through flight physiology training twice, studied it in 
> college, and gone through the high altitude chamber test at Holloman 
> AFB. 
>  
> Of the most important things I learned was the following: 
>  
>     Each person's reaction to oxygen depravation "can" be different. 
> There is a list of symptoms such as headache, nausea, giggles, and all 
> the other things that Jorge mentioned. The most important is each 
> person's symptoms will come in the same order each time. I.E. if you 
> get a headache as your first symptoms, you will get a headache as your 
> first symptom in the future. Now it may be caused by the night before, 
> or by the trail end of a cold, but both of those factors will increase 
> your sensitivity to O2 depravation (as will dehydration!).
>  
> So, pay attention! 
>  
> The post that said "Lynn must live at sea level!!  That's ridiculous 
> in the extreme!" is just plain ignorant.
>  
> There is no doubt that extra O2 will help. Perhaps not enough to 
> notice in many people. Some may notice O2 depravation due to so many 
> variables, it seems ignorant to me to slam someone for being as safe 
> as they can be.
> I live at 5000'. My practice is to adjust my O2 to the altitude above 
> my home. That works quite well for me, I feel better after long high 
> flights, etc.  I also found that spending a week at sea level will 
> lessen my "edge" to high altitudes.
>  
> To each his own, (but on the side of safety).
>  
> Kurt
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>




More information about the Reflector mailing list