REFLECTOR: Oxygen system

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Fri May 13 07:39:25 CDT 2005


Thanks Ronnie and Kurt.  Since I'm flying a home-built airplane, I guess I'll go with
the home-built O2 system as well.  Can you tell me what the flow rates need to be at
various altitudes?

John

Ron Brown wrote:

> I purchased my system on ebay - purchased a 0.5 to 5 Liter Per Minute
> regulator, some nasal canulas, and a small M6 aluminum cylinder.  All for
> medical use.  Incidentally, the purity requirements for welding oxygen is
> higher than either medical or aviation oxygen.  It ALL comes from the same
> place.
>
> If the bottle is still in certification, you can get them exchanged for
> about $8 at your local welding supply house.  If it is out of certification,
> you pay $12 extra.  Or you can just rent bottles for a nominal charge.  I
> have less than $100 in my system.  I could have gotten it cheaper if I had
> asked your question when I was buying.  My system fits under a rear seat.
>
> Ronnie




More information about the Reflector mailing list