REFLECTOR: Rudder trim

Randy Wharton rwharton at buckeye-express.com
Tue May 10 12:43:58 CDT 2005


Larry, This is such an obvious and eloquent solution to the problem! Thanks
for sharing! These photos should be archived!
 
Randy Wharton
N248RB XL/RG
http://clik.to/velocity
 
  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Laurencw W. Coen
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 12:13 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Rudder trim
 
After reading about how people with flying airplanes were having to trim
their rudders to center the ball, I thought there might be a better way.  I
think that this is a better way than shimming.  I built a screw adjustable
rudder stop that doesn't take much longer to build than shimming.  The
advantages are infinate adjustment and easy fix if you didn't get it right
the first time. I've attached pictures because that's easier than typing.
The aluminum "U" channel is 1/2" and the screw is a 10-32x3/4" stainless.
 
Larry Coen
N136LC SE/RG Franklin
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050510/399a456d/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list