REFLECTOR: Re: Electric Fuel Pump Location
KeithHallsten
KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Mon May 9 20:53:59 CDT 2005
Pat,
I note that you have your electric fuel pump on the cabin side of the
firewall. I am considering a similar location for the XL I'm building. Any
"plus" or "minus" considerations to note on this?
Thanks,
Keith Hallsten
----- Original Message -----
From: "Pat Shea" <xl340hp at yahoo.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 12:09 PM
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Roof NACA's
> Hi Rene,
>
> I directed cooling air to my mags and the mechanical
> fuel pump. No great reasoning other than the spam cans
> I owned had blast tubes to these items. My alternator
> is on the prop side of the engine so it's in the path
> of the exiting air - it sounds like yours is on the
> accessory case side. My electric pump is on the cabin
> side of the firewall. Is that 174KIAS?
>
> Pat
>
> --- Rene Dugas <dugasd at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > John,
> > Probably not. I'm blowing cool air on my electric fuel pump, gascolator
> > from the right NACA 1.5" SCAT. I have never measured this area for temp
> > but it made me feel better. I also take cool air off the rear plenum to
> > my alternator housing and blow air on my vacuum pump between the
> > runners. My engine still cools great. I think my larger NACA's work
> > great. 23x23 cruise at 7500 ft is usually about 174 knots at 13.1 gal,
> > CHT 210 EGT hottest 1450 degrees ROP (runs too rough LOP. Performed
> > GAMI test and mine are within their acceptable range)
> > Rene'
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > Jack Sheehan wrote on Friday, May 06, 2005 12:01 PM
> >
> > Rene
> > I am flying the same engine 260hp. I have not considered any cooling
> > for the electric fuel pump. Mine is located at the bottom of the
> > firewall and as far as I know heat has not been a problem. Am I
> > missing something?
> > --
> > Jack Sheehan
More information about the Reflector
mailing list