REFLECTOR: Pitch trim motor
Al Gietzen
ALVentures at cox.net
Mon May 9 14:31:21 CDT 2005
I too have the Mac-5 grip and switches. I don't recall the motor amperage at
the moment, but I did look it up in the past. I asked the people at MAC
whether I needed to add a relay for the number I had at the time. They
assured me on 2 occassions that their switches would handle the current.
They also said that the wire sizes specified in the package would work with
that amperage due to the short load time.
Thanks, Kurt. I guess they should know. I'm sure the steady state current
isn't an issue for the switch, but I was having second thoughts about the
in-rush current that is getting switched. And, yes; also wondered about the
#26 wires - shouldn't run more than about 2 amps in that for very long. I'm
guessing the servo motor is less than 2 amps.
I measured the current draw to the pitch trim. Between 0.5 and 0.6 amps
normal travel; gets up to near 1 amp if the servo is loaded to near stall.
No start in-rush detectable on the Fluke, but even if 10x, should not be an
issue going direct to the MAC trim switches.
Al
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050509/b83fcd55/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list