REFLECTOR: Roof NACA's

Sid Knox sbjknox at earthlink.net
Thu May 5 18:11:58 CDT 2005


Rene',
I do a similar trick on mine..... cardboard taped over the rear cooler ( I like your foam idea better and will try it next winter) and a rag stuffed (partial) into the front NACA inlet for the front cooler.  This brought the oil temp up into the 180's producing some warm heating air.  But when I blocked-off  most of the cold air  entering the cabin (from openings on canard around elevator tubes  and from around nose gear mechanism, that really made a big difference.

Sid Knox
Oklahoma


>...  I built a 4 inch diverter to the rear oil cooler into the
> pilot side runner but have since filled it with foam to increase oil
> temps in the nose for winter heat and taped off 90% of nose cooler for
> increased heat up to 186 degrees in winter.
> Rene'
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050505/474fbc23/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list