REFLECTOR: Deltahawk engine

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 5 10:28:54 CDT 2005


Welcome Grigore,

Congratulations on your project.  Best of luck and happy building to you!

Deltahawk's J.P. Brooks is a member of the reflector and is a builder and
friend to the Velocity Community.  I'm sure you can get all the answers you
would want from him.

Best regards,

Andy

------------------------------------

P.S: J.P., are you any closer to the high DA challenge?

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Grigore Rosu
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 11:02 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Deltahawk engine


I am perhaps the latest member of the list (just received the 
confirmation of my order for a Velocity SE/FG a few days ago), so please 
let me start with a warm hello to all the enthusiastic Velocity Builders!

I am living and flying in Illinois (Champaign-Urbana area), but I am 
originally from Romania.  I intend to move back to Europe in a few years, 
so I am 99% decided to go for a Deltahawk engine (as you may all know, in 
Europe the price of AVGAS is prohibitive).  I am also very impressed with 
the latest comparison data between the DH160V4 engine and the Lycoming 
IO-360, so it looks like a DH engine may be a very good choice even for 
one flying one's Velocity all the time in the USA ... (see 
http://www.deltahawkengines.com/perfor00.shtml).

Are there builders on this list who are seriously considering a DH engine?

Can anybody comment a bit on the three possibile DH engines, namely the 
DH160V4, DH180V4, and DH200V4?  According to Deltahawk's data, a DH160V4 
sounds like just good enough for a Velocity SE/FG.  However, a DH180V4 
also seems very attractive.  Also, what would the REAL difference between 
the three engines be in the case of a Velocity SE/FG (ignoring the price)?

Thank you,
Grigore
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list