REFLECTOR: EGT Temps

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sun May 1 11:14:45 CDT 2005


Ronnie,
I'm also trying to figure out what is a normal egt for the Franklin
engine.  Maybe 600-650 C (1112-1202 F) is ok and I shoudn't worry about
it.  My other egts run 400-450 C (752-842 F).  Maybe these are low
because the sensor isn't getting the true temp on the outside of the
exhaust pipe.

John

Ron Brown wrote:

> John, it sounds like you have a bad plug or bad wires.  The EGT
> shouldn't go to zero when you do the mag test and turn off the EI.
> You said you replaced the plug so it must be a bad plug wire - or
> perhaps a bad mag.  But I have installed brand new plugs and had one
> fail.  So don't assume that new plugs are always good. Can we assume
> that the EGT's are even and OK when running just the EI (mag
> off)? Ronnie
>
>      I have on mag and one EI, so the drop is different.  One
>      time just after starting I switched off the EI and the egt
>      went to 0 and it ran rough.  But it was ok after warming it
>      up more.  I replaced the sparkplug anyway.  I think it
>      helped a little, but not much.
>
>     > John
>
>      -------------------------------------------------------------
>
>      _______________________________________________
>      To change your email address, visit
>      http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>      Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>      user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>      Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>      Check old archives:
>      http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>    ----------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050501/0de611ed/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list