REFLECTOR: RE: INCIDENCE OF CONFUSION

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Wed Mar 23 00:09:21 CST 2005


Seems possible some tip-sail (OK, winglet) misalignment could more than
offset the difference in incidence; however, one would expect that to show
up as some skid on the ball.  Just guessing,

 

Al

 

 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Martino [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Tom
Martino
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:34 PM
To: reflector at www.tvbf.org
Subject: INCIDENCE OF CONFUSION

 

Ok, my plane has a tendency to make a slight turn to the right (in other
words the left wing wants to lift a bit more).

 

So I checked my wing incidence and this is where it gets very confusing!

 

The right wing has a higher incidence than the left wing ... so shouldn't I
be seeing just the opposite when it comes to turning tendencies? 

 

Since the right wing has a greater incidence (pitched up a bit more) ...
isn't that the wing that should be lifting more?  Causing a slight turn to
the left?

 

BUT I AM SEEING EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE IN FLIGHT (turning to the right)!

 

What gives?

 

Another bit of confusion ... the right strake is also the one where fuel
drains quicker ... so I almost always have less gas in the right tank ...
yet another reason the plane should be turning a bit toward the heavy side
(left).  

 

BUT I AM SEEING EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE IN FLIGHT (turning to the right).

 

I have but ONE question:  WHY???????

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 5148 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050322/85f4619e/winmail.bin


More information about the Reflector mailing list