REFLECTOR: NOSE WHEEL GOT SIDEWAYS

Dave Black dvblack at comcast.net
Mon Mar 21 14:27:31 CST 2005


John,

> Sorry, I wasn't clear.  My valve is located several inches from the pivot 
> point, near where the gear leg curves.  This location is much different 
> from the standard mount.

Yes, it is. And it's a definite improvement over the standard location. It
almost works. That's why you get 95% closure on the nose doors instead of the
5% closure the standard location provides. I experimented with that as well as
several other locations before deciding on using a lever arm to activate the
sequence valve. 

Still, the manually assisted retraction test will demonstrate that your gear
linkage is not quite providing enough torque to push the sequence button
fully. 

When I take photos of my sequence valve installation, I'll also try to
determine if adding a lever arm to the standard location could make the
sequence valve work as intended. It seems to me adding a lever arm to the
standard installation should be as easy as adding a flow restrictor. 

Dave Black
Shortwing RG


More information about the Reflector mailing list