REFLECTOR: VOR/LOC/GS antenna

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sun Mar 20 11:10:46 CST 2005


Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: VOR/LOC/GS antenna

 

Al, 

 

I ran across the same things as you.  I built my antenna's as per the old
paper plans (com's in the winglets, VOR under the back seats, GS under the
front seat, MB along the keel.) I contacted my avionics supplier after
reading the install manual, and was told the following: I can use a high
quality splitter on the VOR antenna (the one they supplied me cost $95!!!)
and the SL30 will work just fine off of that. 

I use the other half of the split signal for the GNS430, then run the
seperate GS into the GNS430. The MB goes to the Audio panel. 

 

That is a pretty simple solution once you choke down the high priced tiny
splitter. 

 

Kurt  

Thanks Kurt and Ron;

 

I shouldn't need the spendy splitter as the SL30 has that built in; and I
want the GS/LOC info out from the SL30 to the EFIS.  The real issue is
whether the NAV antenna in the wing gives a good enough GS signal, and Ron's
experience would indicate OK,

 

Thanks,

 

Al

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050320/226536af/attachment-0001.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list