REFLECTOR: VOR/LOC/GS antenna
Al Gietzen
ALVentures at cox.net
Sat Mar 19 14:08:31 CST 2005
I have the Wingco wings and whatever VOR antenna that was built in there
that I know nothing about. I also installed a glideslope antenna just
below/in-front-of the windshield. The SL30 install manual suggests the NAV
antenna should be a VOR/LOC/GS antenna which receives all three. VOR/LOC is
a non issue since the frequencies overlap, but GS is much higher frequency.
The SL30 has only a single NAV antenna connection and internal diplexor
circuit to separate the GS signal.
The manual also says that "Most VOR/LOC-only antennas will still provide
adequate glideslope signal for the SL30 to operate normally." Does anyone
have the SL30 with the wingco installed NAV antenna, and find that the
glideslpoe signal is adequate?
I had assumed I would use a splitter/combiner to combine the signals from
the two antennas; but I also find the SL30 manual says that in doing so "the
overall system performance may be slightly degraded, but the GS signal may
increase to an acceptable level." Using the combiner apparently reduces the
VOR signal, so I'm thinking if it is not necessary I'd like to skip it.
Input appreciated.
Al
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050319/e838dde8/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list