REFLECTOR: WING INCIDENCE [heur]

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Sat Mar 19 11:19:45 CST 2005


Equal weight in the front seats -- still a slight turn to the right.  I
will do more testing to see the actual aileron deflection.  Perhaps a
trim tab would do it.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Jim Sower
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:02 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: WING INCIDENCE [heur]

Is this with or without passenger?  How does it behave in each 
circumstance?  I think the threshold of wing shimming is something on 
like 1/4" of aileron deflection required to maintain level flight.
Just a theory ... Jim S.

Tom Martino wrote:

>I didn't notice this at first ... but now I swear my plane makes a very
>gentle bank to the right when attempting to fly straight and level.  I
>find myself having to use a bit of left stick to keep it straight.
>
> 
>
>I suspect my wing incidence (one wing is set too high or the other too
>low) ... and I don't have my original jig.
>
> 
>
>First question:  Are there any good wing incidence meters available?
>
> 
>
>Second question:  If I need adjustment, how do I do it?  I suspect I
>need to add washers?
>
> 
>
>Have any of you done this?  And if so, did you have to get slightly
>longer wing bolts to handle more washers and still have some threads
>through the lock? 
>
> 
>
>Insight would be most appreciated.
>
>  
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list