REFLECTOR: RE: MT GOT BACK TO ME

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Thu Mar 17 07:57:47 CST 2005


Tom,
 
Your most recent experience was more reflective of my most recent
experience also.  My first experience, a year and half ago, was less
than satisfactory, but this last fall dealings were an 8 out of 10.
It's a cause for concern that they don't 'manage' their customer
relationships a little better.  The most serious deficiency seems to be
lack of communications that you cited.  Every business needs to strive
for consistency.  I would rather deal with a consistently mediocre
company that I knew exactly what I was getting...and not getting...then
one that was a grab bag; excellent one day and a horror story the next.
Based on the feedback on this website and my personal impression, MT
needs to strive a little harder to stay away from the latter business
personality.
 
Anyhow, glad to hear your getting resolution and back into the air.  You
next action is to invest in a rock solid pair of jacks?
 
Chuck
 
Do Not Archive
 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Tom Martino
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:20 PM
To: reflector at www.tvbf.org
Subject: MT GOT BACK TO ME



Without going into too much detail ... I hear consumer complaints each
and every day.

 

Most of the time ... complaints come from a lack of communication and a
lack of information.  Consumers get frustrated and they start hating the
product - even if the product is not that bad.  

 

Unfortunately for businesses, this frustration (and hatred) can be
created by just one or two jerks within a company.  On the other hand
... one or two good people can make the whole company look good.

 

Today, I ran into a great person (Doug Turner) at MT Propeller USA who
answered all of my questions (I suspect Scott Baker had something to do
with it - because he quoted Scott several times).  If you put pressure
on them Scott - thanks!

 

The gentleman apologized for the lack of communication and for a general
lack of information concerning repairs.  I am convinced they are so
worried about "liability" that they are very careful about recommending
anything but factory repairs.

 

However, when you convince them we are not all "lawsuit crazed
Americans" they tend to open up.  They will tell you that a composite
prop is not "magic" and repairs are quite practical in almost all
circumstances (except in major damage).

 

Yes, they have certain arrogance about their abilities to repair (as
opposed to others) but that should be expected from any manufacturer.
However, they acknowledge that there are several people capable of doing
suitable repairs.

 

I chose the option of cutting back my ends by one inch and sealing them.
Hey said that was totally acceptable and that I would not notice a
decrease in performance given my horsepower (325) and the fact there are
four blades.

 

I thought it only fair to give a follow-up since the gent was so nice
and forthcoming with information.

 

Tom

 

 

 

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050317/6f0f881d/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list