REFLECTOR: MT GOT BACK TO ME
Steven Oakley
steven-oakley at comcast.net
Wed Mar 16 22:14:01 CST 2005
Hi Tom,
Glad to hear you got this sorted, it some times annoys me that you have to
go through so many un-helpful people to get to somebody who has the right
attitude to care about your problem and work with you to come up with
reasonable options.
I must admit I have worked in customer service for 18 years, so I do tend to
be a very critical customer and expect people to give me the level of
service I provide to others.
I plan to have a constant speed prop on my Velocity (Just ordered an SEFG
last week).
Steve.
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Martino
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 7:20 PM
To: reflector at www.tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: MT GOT BACK TO ME
Without going into too much detail ... I hear consumer complaints each and
every day.
Most of the time ... complaints come from a lack of communication and a lack
of information. Consumers get frustrated and they start hating the product
- even if the product is not that bad.
Unfortunately for businesses, this frustration (and hatred) can be created
by just one or two jerks within a company. On the other hand ... one or two
good people can make the whole company look good.
Today, I ran into a great person (Doug Turner) at MT Propeller USA who
answered all of my questions (I suspect Scott Baker had something to do with
it - because he quoted Scott several times). If you put pressure on them
Scott - thanks!
The gentleman apologized for the lack of communication and for a general
lack of information concerning repairs. I am convinced they are so worried
about "liability" that they are very careful about recommending anything but
factory repairs.
However, when you convince them we are not all "lawsuit crazed Americans"
they tend to open up. They will tell you that a composite prop is not
"magic" and repairs are quite practical in almost all circumstances (except
in major damage).
Yes, they have certain arrogance about their abilities to repair (as opposed
to others) but that should be expected from any manufacturer. However, they
acknowledge that there are several people capable of doing suitable repairs.
I chose the option of cutting back my ends by one inch and sealing them.
Hey said that was totally acceptable and that I would not notice a decrease
in performance given my horsepower (325) and the fact there are four blades.
I thought it only fair to give a follow-up since the gent was so nice and
forthcoming with information.
Tom
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 6282 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050316/4cc40a6a/winmail-0001.bin
More information about the Reflector
mailing list