REFLECTOR: RE: I AM A JERK (for buying an MT prop)
Tom Martino
tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Tue Mar 15 12:26:22 CST 2005
I have called Craig. He is very cool. May do something.
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Paul Calhoun
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:05 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: RE: I AM A JERK (for buying an MT prop)
Tom,
Give Craig Catto a call. I think he might be willing to repair your
blade. I would think he would want all four blades for weight balance
comparison. Another option is to get the Catto prop while you are
waiting for the MT. It is not a great expenditure and can be used as a
back up if you have MT problems again. The change over can be done in a
few hours.
Meantime, Chuck is right, don't burn your bridges by alienating MT. They
are from their own anal perspective just trying to do their job.
Management comes from the engineering and liability perspective not the
marketing side and doesn't have a clue about PR graces. DMV mentality is
only goaded on by raising the ire in their customers.
Catto performance is surprisingly acceptable. Dave Dent and I haven't
really found it worthwhile to go back to the MT though Craig has offered
to look at the damaged MT props. Your damage is not nearly as severe as
mine.
I don't have his number here at the office but if you are interested I
can retrieve it tonight - or the factory will have it. He is a delight
to work with.
Sorry about the heartache. I have been there.
Paul
-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Martino [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf
Of Tom Martino
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:09 AM
To: reflector at www.tvbf.org
Subject: I AM A JERK (for buying an MT prop)
Did I mention that they don't answer email regarding important
updates and service bulletins? There are updated seals that do not leak
grease, plus some other key service bulletins.
When you email them to ask if you serial number is affected (my
prop was delivered December 2003) ... they do not have the courtesy to
answer you.
If you call them ... they tell you to send it in ... not for the
update ... just so they can look at it. Hey do not have the decency to
look something up while your on the phone.
Do they think we all have time to pull props and ship them for
the hell of it?
I have a new mission: To let people know about this company
(and by the way, I have means).
I believe Velocity ought to reconsider their recommendations.
Tom
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050315/2daa8ad5/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list