REFLECTOR:Aerocomposite prop news
Terrence Miles
knightflyr at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 15 11:39:58 CST 2005
Tom,
I'm sorry about what's happened to you. Aerocomposite is selling a prop
and promising delievery. (See below)
Thought this might add some to the conversation. I have sent a deposit.
New issue: I wrote up all my notes on the B. Nuckols Seminar. They are
too long (10 pages) to go on the Reflector. It's mostly electricity 101
with some tips and websites. ...a lot of repeat from his book and the
aeroelectric discussion group.
Anybody who is interested, please contact me off line for a copy.
Terry
-----Original Message-----
From: ACIPROPS at aol.com [mailto:ACIPROPS at aol.com]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 8:31 AM
To: knightflyr at sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: Info
Terry:
You have one of our 3-bladed pusher propellers guaranteed for delivery
before Labor Day of this year if you place your order now! Of course if
we were to miss the date (we won't) you will get your advance deposit of
$1,000 refunded immediately. With regard to your statement "If its all
you say ...) in your last email, let me add another benefit that our
customers have fed back to us that your flight will be smoother and
quieter in the cabin (no hum/buzz from an aluminum prop).
With regard to propeller diameter (ground clearance issue), in talking
with Scott Swing at Velocity Aircraft last year, he recommended a 70"
diameter for our 3-bladed propeller for the Velocity-XL model aircraft.
We flew one of our 3-bladed propellers (69" diameter) on a Berkut
(military program) recently which chose a left turning engine LIO-540 so
they could use our tractor blades. The feedback was that "the
performance was outstanding". This military program has ordered a
second propeller from us which we will deliver in two weeks. The blades
you will get for your Velocity are the mirror image of these same
blades.
Please let me know if we should add your name to our Velocity customer
list in which case I will open up a production folder for you. To
officially place your order just send along your advance deposit
(standard policy) in the amount of $1,000 to our address here in
Kensington, CT.
Thanks,
Harry Griswold, Ph.D.
VP
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of HYTEC45 at aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:52 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: RE: I AM A JERK (for buying an MT prop)
In a message dated 3/15/2005 8:26:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
cjensen at dts9000.com writes:
And, in all fairness, their attitude isn't totally wrong. They just
want to do all to prop work to a very high level of quality and are not
interested in considering compromises, even when they don't compromise
safety.
Well Chuck, when you have been screwed over by mt as I have, (and
others) and blatantly lied to, maybe you will remember to "chill." I
have spent 5 years fighting my prop problems with them, and in that time
since it's purchase, I have put over 400 hours on my Velocity, of which
only 200 have been with the mt, with the rest utilizing my Performance
propeller while the mt was in for repair. The mt has averaged 46 hours
of operation before requiring removal and return for repair on my dime,
while battling mt for warranty repair (warranty does not cover removal
and shipping). I purchased my prop in 1999, and at that time they were
labeled "experimental." Mine was one of the early props, and mt had no
real data on them as they were rushed to get something out for the
Velocities. This is supported due to the fact that at that time, the
TBO was only 200hrs.
On top of all the labor and shipping (5 times to repair shop) I have
been through, I have now had to spend an additional $4,000 including
labor on my dime to purchase "new" blades that supposedly will work on
my engine. With shipping and labor costs to R&R, I have close to
$20,000 in a propeller that I have only used a little over 200 hrs. mt
told me just yesterday that in 1999 when I purchased my propeller, they
had already sold 200; yes 200 velocity propellers, and mine was not an
early design. This is highly questionable. They said this to counter
my accusation that my prop/blade was still in development at the time of
purchase. My accusation is correct as currently, if a propeller is to
be installed on a non-counterweighted engine, the blades that I just
purchased are now provided.
I'm happy for you and others who have enjoyed good results with your mt.
TEC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050315/855269e2/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list