REFLECTOR: RE: I AM A JERK (for buying an MT prop)

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Tue Mar 15 10:41:37 CST 2005


Maybe a back door way of going about it would be to ascertain what range of props (SN and DOM) that the Service Bulletin applies to????  Surely the SB must delineate what it applies to!
 
As an aside, I share your frustration when they don't answer their phone, don't return calls and pretend that emails don't exist.  They get around to each when they feel like it...and they don't feel like it very often.  Does make you wonder how they can stay in business...8th wonder of the world?  
 
You're my hero for staying calm.  Not easy.
 
Chuck
 
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On Behalf Of Tom Martino
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:41 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: RE: I AM A JERK (for buying an MT prop) 



So what is their excuse for not answering a simple question:  Is my prop (serial number, date of manufacture) affected by a certain service bulletin?  Should one have to remove and ship their prop for a simple answer?

 

Imagine if Lycoming did that.

 

My "tenseness" has never been expressed to them.  I have been calm and level at all times.  I use this place to vent.

 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Chuck Jensen
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:25 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: RE: I AM A JERK (for buying an MT prop) [heur]

 

Tom,

 

I sense a certain "tenseness" in your relationship with MT.  I would advise you to chill out but that's a little difficult to do when you're biting nails in half.  However, I would advise you to explore alternative repair at Velocity, to see if that's viable.   After seeing the repair to the composite blades, it's actually less sophisticated then one would expect.  

 

MT is just in a mode that anything that they deal with must be brought back to new condition and they have little interest in accommodating good-enough solutions that are perfectly satisfactory and safe.  In the end, I doubt anyone will be successful in adjusting MT's attitude toward their business.  And, in all fairness, their attitude isn't totally wrong.  They just want to do all to prop work to a very high level of quality and are not interested in considering compromises, even when they don't compromise safety.   Their way or the highway.

 

Chuck

Do Not Archive

 

  

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On Behalf Of Tom Martino
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:09 AM
To: reflector at www.tvbf.org
Subject: I AM A JERK (for buying an MT prop)

Did I mention that they don't answer email regarding important updates and service bulletins?  There are updated seals that do not leak grease, plus some other key service bulletins.

 

When you email them to ask if you serial number is affected (my prop was delivered December 2003) ... they do not have the courtesy to answer you.

 

If you call them ... they tell you to send it in ... not for the update ... just so they can look at it. Hey do not have the decency to look something up while your on the phone.

 

Do they think we all have time to pull props and ship them for the hell of it?

 

I have a new mission:  To let people know about this company (and by the way, I have means).

 

I believe Velocity ought to reconsider their recommendations.

 

Tom

 

  

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050315/ff599a7a/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list