REFLECTOR: mt RPM Restriction

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Mon Mar 14 12:41:43 CST 2005


After constant problems with my mt leaking grease and breaking down blade  
bearings due to blade vibration on my non-counterweighted IO-360, and after  
arguing that I never operate in the restricted range (2250-2550), mt  has come up 
with what they think is the problem.
 
More good news.
 
The problem is that I am using electronic ignition.   Apparently  mt's 
vibration analysis is only good for magneto equipped engines.  Since I  am using one 
mag, and one EI, all bets are off, and they cannot provide a  range.  If we 
throw in high compression pistons, we really have  a problem.  Apparently the 
blades can't handle it.  So now I  must lay down more cash for the "new" blades 
that "should" work.
 
TEC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050314/90fe5925/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list