REFLECTOR: Xenon HID landing light

Christopher Martin christophercmartin at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 13 15:17:30 CST 2005


John,

It does take a little work. The lamp will fit in the housing just like the
original but the nose wheel will hit it on retraction. I got this attached
information from John Dortch when I installed mine in January.

I can get you some pictures of my installation, if you like.

Chris

> [Original Message]
> From: Lynn <jldortch at starband.net>
> To: <christophercmartin at earthlink.net>
> Date: 1/2/2005 7:30:22 AM
> Subject: RE: Landing Light
>
> Chris,
> What I did, violated the warrenty, but it worked out quite well. I opened
up
> the original mounting hole with a couple of noches so I could put the
entire
> light inside of the light compartment. Then I removed the three of four
> screws that held the box on the back of the reflector and sandwitched a
> plate of aluminum between it and the lamp reflector. Now, placing the pulb
> on the inside and holding it in place with the original springs. This
works
> very well and provides the clearance for the nose wheel, and I there is
ever
> a failure, I can still mount a standard landing light.
>
> I can sen you some pictures fi you like...
>
> John Dortch

Christopher Martin
christophercmartin at earthlink.net



> [Original Message]
> From: John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Date: 3/13/2005 10:16:35 AM
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Xenon HID landing light
>
> Can I simply swap this lamp with my existing one, or are some mods
required, i.e. a
> different socket to hold the lamp?  I have a relay between my switch and
the light.
> Any issues there?
>
> John
>
> Richard Riley wrote:
>
> > At 07:17 PM 3/12/05, Christopher Martin wrote:
> > >  The cost is $550 but I think it is worth it. I have been through 5
PAR
> > > 36 lamps in 560 hours which is worth about $300. This HID lamp should
> > > last indefinitely.
> >
> > I can get PAR 36 HID lights wholesale.
> >
> > If I could get, say, 5 people who wanted them, I could do them in a
batch
> > for about $350 each, maybe a touch less (it's been several months since
> > I've ordered them.
> >
> > Anyone who's interested, email me off list.  Please remove the word
> > "reflector" from the subject header so it goes to my "in" box instead of
> > the "reflector" box.
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html





More information about the Reflector mailing list