REFLECTOR: FUEL FEED

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Wed Mar 9 19:47:59 CST 2005


AAHH!  The sweet sound of real data!  Now we can all relax about our alternate-vent check valves!

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Ron Brown 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:10 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: FUEL FEED


  I am in the process of doing my 2nd condition inspection - my time flies!!!

  I plugged the vent line on my 3/8" vent line system - all three tanks tied to one vent which exits out the bottom of the fuselage.  I have the factory recommended check valve installed (AS&S #10630) in a tee at the top of where the three vents connect.  

  Then I disconnected the fuel line to the engine driven fuel pump.  All 22 gallons which were in the tanks drained in less than one hour.  Toward the end of the session, I opened a fuel tank cap - NO inrush of air, so the check valve was working as intended.

  Ronnie


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050309/d9662f88/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list