REFLECTOR: fuel feed - my solutions
John & Mary Wright
johnandmarywright at cox.net
Wed Mar 2 13:57:27 CST 2005
****BUT can't remember what to do with it ????
Chuck Jensen wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Carrying the baseball analogy to its logical conclusion, don't forget
> about being off base, out in left field and not even being in the ball
> park. But all is forgiven--its that thin air up there on the plateau.
>
> Chuck
> In Knoxville, in the valley, where we have plenty of oxygen---****
>
> -----Original Message-----
> *From:* reflector-bounces at tvbf.org
> [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]*On Behalf Of *Jim Sower
> *Sent:* Tuesday, March 01, 2005 1:34 AM
> *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: fuel feed - my solutions
>
>
> Oh Boy!!
>
> Pat, I sure do wish you'd posted that diagram yesterday or so. Color
> me RED in the FACE
>
> What I had been told the factory system looked like differed from your
> diagram in that instead of a "+" fitting with *all three* vents joined
> to the outside vent. I had the strakes "T"d to the outside vent and
> the sump vent stand-alone, connected to *nothing*. I've spent the
> better part of a day off and on chasing foul balls and getting real
> exercised when nobody seemed inclined to follow me. Talk about apples
> and oranges! Sheesh!
>
> Brett, Keith and all,
> Please accept my apologies. As you have probably noted, when I'm
> frustrated, I tend to get pretty assertive. Today, the wheels came
> off, and for *nothing*. I am truly sorry for my tone as well as the
> flawed content of my all-too-numerous posts. Looking at Pat's
> diagram, the factory system pretty much answers my concerns. It *is*
> a closed system, which is what I was trying to achieve by capping my
> sump vent.
>
> The only change I would even *consider* would be a second check valve
> in the sump vent so it could "burp" but not drain by itself ... and
> even that was someone else's idea ... Keith? ... I forget.
>
> Anyway, I really stepped on my pork here, and I apologize to all ...
> Jim S.
>
>
>
> Pat Shea wrote:
>
>>The Factory's recommended fuel vent design utilizing a
>>check valve has both main tank vents and the sump vent
>>tied together via a vent manifold. Diagram attached.
>>
>>Pat
>>
>>
>>
>>6. All the while, the engine is consuming upwards of
>>15 gph of fuel. Since the sump is vented and the sump
>>vent is open, it will happily deliver fuel to the
>>engine which will be very easily replaced by air
>>flowing quite freely thank you very much, through the
>>unrestricted sump vent. As the fuel consumption of
>>the engine surpasses what the mains are able to
>>deliver (having been slowed to a relative trickle by
>>the increasing "vacuum") the fuel level in the sump
>>will begin to drop.
>>
>>
>>
>>__________________________________
>>Do you Yahoo!?
>>Yahoo! Mail - 250MB free storage. Do more. Manage less.
>>http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
-------------- next part --------------
Skipped content of type multipart/related
More information about the Reflector
mailing list