REFLECTOR: Compass Calibration

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 2 09:45:20 CST 2005


MessageI have a vertical card compass mounted in my instrument panel that has an error that I have not been able to calibrate out:

At North, It indicates 15 degrees
At South, it indicates 165 degrees
At east and west it is dead on.

If I adjust the error out at north - make it read 0, then it reads 150 when pointed south or vise versa - if I calibrate the error out at south - make it read 180, then it reads 30 degrees when pointed north.

I understand that a small magnet(s) can be mounted near the compass to help take these errors out.  I have tried this I am not having much luck in removing these errors.  

Any one have any experience in correcting these errors?

THANKS
Ronnie
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050302/3ccacebc/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list