REFLECTOR: Re: Reflector Digest, Vol 13, Issue 86
Gary T. Ciampa
gciampa at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 30 17:03:10 CDT 2005
Jack,
I'm based out of TTA, it's four to five hours by car to W95, a quick
hour flight if R5306 is inactive, a few minutes more otherwise.
I got the tee-shirt last week at Howard's and a license plate, what I
treat! I've been there multiple times, up to HSE and around the
lighthouse, sweet! I'm still looking for the nudist beach......not that
I'll go there, just fly over and leer <G>
My engine monitoring systems is a uMonitor, Rocky Mountain Avionics, all
the normal instrumentation, RPM, TACH, EGT's/CHT's, Oil Pressure and
Temp, OAT, Volts, Amps, etc...
The RF noise is also coming in the ICS (with the radio's off) so the
problem must be common to the electrical bus. The battery, starter,
alternator, voltage regulator connections are all sound, as I just
finished chasing (and fixing, yea) an intermittent alternator
low-volltage problem. I shall do some spelunking under the power panel
and behind the radios....
Cheers,
Gary
>------------------------------
>
>Message: 2
>Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:11:31 -0400
>From: Jack Sheehan <j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov>
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: The Bermuda Triangle in Eastern North Carolina
> - Or is it Voice of America
>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Message-ID: <p06210204bee9c7ba6573@[128.155.42.101]>
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" ; format="flowed"
>
>Gary,
>I fly from Hampton Roads into W95 often. I haven't taken to drinking
>and flying but Ocracoke Island is the only place I have been where
>they answer the unicom in a bar and will come out and get you. That's
>at Howard's Pub. I really like the island and the fact that it is
>hard for folks to get there makes it even better. From here it is
>about a 6-7 hour drive including a ferry ride. For me it is about a
>35 minute flight maybe 40 if I have to go around the restricted
>airspace.
>I have flown in the area around ISO and near the VOA towers on many
>trips from here to Florida and have never seen a problem. I have a
>full glass cockpit but all of my displays are TSO'd which would imply
>they passed the required HERF and Lightning testing. Most of my
>wiring is shielded including the VM 1000 ribbon cable which I
>shielded with AL tape and then grounded the tape.
>Where are you based?
>
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list