REFLECTOR: Props ...

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Jun 23 22:14:47 CDT 2005


Jim,

"I had" the same engine, rated 200HP.  I was running a Catto, 64x74.  I 
would get 2350 static, and WOT 8000,  2800 RPM, 180 KTAS. That was with 
a LSE ignition which I think added to my performance.

I never cruised at 2800, I would normally cruise at 2700-2750,  at apx 
175 KTAS, 75 LOP. 

You could cut a 1/2 inch at a time, off of it,  and see how it increases 
your RPM?  2550 WOT is definitly over propped. You get that static up to 
2350 you'll cut 500+ ft off your take off roll.  Your cruise speed would 
be less because of your bigger wing.

Scott

BTW, my prop with a Saber 8" extension is for sale $1500 + shipping.  
300 hours. I'll put a new coat of PPG on it before shipping. You pick 
the tip color.

Jim Sower wrote:

> All,
> I am running an angle valve IO-360 with a Catto 66x72 on my 173-FG.  I 
> find I'm overpropped about 200 rpm,.  I get 2200 - 2250 static and 
> 2500 - 2550 WOT at >8000'.  I think I'd be a lot happier with closer 
> to 2400 - 2450 static and 2700 or more at 8000'.
>
> Who's got a similar engine, what kind of prop are you using, what 
> static and cruise (>8000' WOT) rpm are you getting?  I think my 
> engine's pretty sorry, but I don't have any other data points from 
> similar engine prop combinations.
>
> Thanks in advance ... Jim S.
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list