REFLECTOR: Sparrow Strain; a.k.a., aerodynamic trim

Fred Marconi fmarconi at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 21 20:55:01 CDT 2005


You should have received with your kit the sparrow airfoil and the forked side supports.  The sparrow airfoil can only fit one way on the forks.  

What I did was hot glue the forks on the elevator the width of the sparrow airfoil and then I visually glued the foil in place on the forks visually splitting the difference and following the contour of the forks with that of the foil.  I have not had any problems and I am going on 140 miles of light.

Fred
N244FM
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Al Gietzen 
  To: reflector 
  Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 9:27 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Sparrow Strain; a.k.a., aerodynamic trim


  I'm sure this has come up before, but I didn't take note because I assumed it was covered in the manual.  All I can find in the manual is width of the airfoil, position on the canard.  Where is the template for the side brackets, and where does it say at what angle the little airfoil is to the elevator chord???



  Thanks for help,



  Al  (frustrated by all the little details I left until later)



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050621/87533cbe/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list