REFLECTOR: Suprise in my duct

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Jun 21 15:17:17 CDT 2005


What about the integrity of the fuselage?  That seems like a pretty long area to be
removing the inner shell.  Maybe the factory should comment on this.

John

Pat Shea wrote:

> Terry,
>
> That's a great idea, as most of Malcolm's are. I would
> kill to have more space in my ducts. Any idea what
> Malcolm thinks about duct inspection covers? I'm
> considering putting in three per duct.
>
> Pat
>
> --- Terry Miles <terrence_miles at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I know it's too late for most who read this today,
> > but for posterity, at
> > Hangar 18's suggestion I have gouged out the foam on
> > the fuselage floor
> > where the cannel goes, then re-enforced in that
> > area, then laid in the
> > channel cover.  This gives us more channel ID by
> > almost double. See
> > three pics.  I intend to drill a few drain holes
> > with what's been
> > recently reported. (Thanks for sharing!!)  I also
> > hope to create some
> > kind of a splash plate on the nose wheel assembly to
> > minimize water
> > spray during tkof/landing phase.  Also I'll be doing
> > the spring
> > actuation on the nose doors instead of hydro...thnks
> > for that too.  It's
> > way simplier and saves 5 pounds to boot.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Terry
>
>
> __________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.
> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list