REFLECTOR: Re: Reflector Digest, Vol 13, Issue 63-Suprise in my duct

Chuck Harbert c.harbert at comcast.net
Mon Jun 20 16:15:44 CDT 2005


I wouldn't be worried about water, but I've gotten oil and hydraulic fluid 
in my ducts, and I believe these (and gasoline) will damage the foam core. 
Just too be safe, seal the drain hole.

Chuck H

>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:43:18 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Juanita Londenberg <i.fly.too at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Suprise in my duct
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Message-ID: <20050620174318.51740.qmail at web81104.mail.yahoo.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
>
> I don't know what your fuselage is made out of, but
> our's has a layer of foam in between the layers of
> fiberglass.  I'm thinking water (or other liquid)
> could soak into the foam and eventually separate from
> the fiberglass??????????
>




More information about the Reflector mailing list