REFLECTOR: Painting
Al Gietzen
ALVentures at cox.net
Sun Jun 19 13:18:34 CDT 2005
Otherwise, the paint "seam" between the
fuselage top and strakes will not blend together." is the key to painting
the top of the fuselage using a walk board, then the sides. And bottom too.
Perhaps I need to include the ability to lift the nose and keep on shooting
until the bottom is done too.
One advantage of having a trim line down the side as part of the paint
scheme is it gives you a break line between top and bottom.
Regarding trim painting, my inclination would be to put that on last, but I
recall reading somewhere the it best to shoot the trim color on first, then
cover where you want the trim and shoot the main color. Why would that be -
or do I recall incorrectly?
I was going to fly first in primer, and do final paint later; but I'm
finding that airports here in CA not allowing painting in the hangars due to
volitiles polluting the air (or I suppose also the risk of "drift" from on
hangar to another). So now I'm giving serious consideration to painting
while still in my shop. Also seems desirable to paint before assembling all
the parts rather than disassembling again to paint.
Al
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050619/8960297b/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list