REFLECTOR: Happy St.Patrick's Day

dean fitzbag dfitzbag at msn.com
Sun Jun 19 12:13:02 CDT 2005


Look real close inside the stake (not in the tank, but the strake).  I had leaks there that flowed beneath glass reinforcements and the main spar, along the spar to the firewall, down the firewall, under the floor.  I finally had to make cut outs in the wheel well to get at the source of the leaks.  After weeks of trying to fix the leaks from outside the tank, in one day I was able to stop them from inside the tank.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Jeffrey Clough<mailto:jclough at gci.net> 
  To: reflector at awpi.com<mailto:reflector at awpi.com> 
  Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2005 12:54 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Happy St.Patrick's Day


  .....Ok....did the pressure check of my strakes but could never figure 
  out if I had a very slow leak or it was the temp change.....retrofitted 
  the system to the' newer than mine ' venting and decided to fill and 
  look for leaks.....filled each strake with two amps of green food 
  coloring and applied the garden hose.....ddoooo dooo doo daah dahhh  
  hmmm hmmm.... no leaks on side 'a'....start with side 'b' ...doood dooo 
  dddoo.....hey where is that green water coming from on the floor near my 
  retract pulleys?.......On BOTH sides!    My strakes leak on the BOTTOM  
  of my fuselage on BOTH sides...near the centerline near the cables of 
  the retract system! I guess right thru the sidewall of the 
  strakes.....bummer.....THEN the floor drain in my garage stopped up and 
  "why is my garage floor green?" ensued......
    OK...finally got all the green outside to the driveway (I have a well 
  water system...hope green food coloring is not 
  carcinogenic!).....strakes are now empty.....plan on hooking exhaust 
  from both of my shop vacs to the fuel fillers (allowing a big leak so as 
  not to over pressurize) and heating the garage up to tropical temps and 
  letting 'em run for a day or two before reversing the flow and painting 
  with epoxy the entire area between the strakes and the bottom of the 
  fuselage....any input appreciated.....
  Green In Alaska  (anybody want to go salmon fishing?)  Jeff Clough
  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector<http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector>

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html<http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050619/09aa868d/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list