REFLECTOR: Set-Up to Paint (Top of) Fuselage
Bob Jackson
bobj at computer.org
Sun Jun 19 09:42:40 CDT 2005
Hello Bob,
We used US Paint 545 epoxy primer (also made by Akzo Nobel, which also
owns/makes AWLgrip), using both turbo and gravity feed HVLP spray guns. I
don't think you will be able to "patch" just the underside of the nose
(unless you're willing to have an obvious "seam" between the old and new
areas because you can't buff AWLgrip (see the other current Reflector
message sequence -- "AWLgrip Paint Times").
We used Oyster White AWLgrip. We're planning on painting parts of the
bottom of the fuselage with the Dupont Hot Hues paints and clear top coating
them with Imron so we will end up with a small strip of the AWLgrip (between
the two pin strips) covered with Imron. I'm not sure how well that's going
to work. We've currently got that question in to the Dupont tech who's been
helping us. I'll let you know what we find out.
Bob Jackson
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of SlvEgl99 at aol.com
Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2005 10:03 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Set-Up to Paint (Top of) Fuselage
What did you use for primer? what kind of spray equipment?
I need to redo the underside of the nose, gear legs and wheel pants of my
aircraft. Is awlgrip compatible with Emron?
Colors?
Bob Wood
Sebring, FL
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050619/ff3ea9ee/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list