REFLECTOR: Lightweight headsets

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Jun 19 08:59:28 CDT 2005


I hope somebody chimes in and says they are wonderful!

I use Lightspeed XC's because they have the thinnest headband and my 
head almost reaches the cabin roof.  They also have great passive and 
active noise reduction.

I've wanted to try these but the cost is pretty high for a sample.

You can have custom ear pieces made that will last for your lifetime, 
instead of using the foam bippies.

Scott

Keith Hallsten wrote:

>Does anyone have experience with the lightweight "in-ear" headsets?  I have
>been looking at the following:
>
>Quiet Technologies "AuriComm"  www.quiettechnologies.com   $365
>
>Lightspeed Aviation "L1"  www.anrheadsets.com/productsL1.asp   $399
>
>Clarity Aloft   www.clarityaloft.com      $550
>
>Panther Electronics "Pilot Pro CATS"
>www.pantherelectronics.com/dual_headset.html  $625
>
>All of these claim noise attenuation as good or better than ANR headsets,
>but much lighter, no sweaty head, and no batteries or power wiring required.
>The downside seems to be that you have to replace the memory-foam tips on
>the little speakers every couple of months, and they take a bit longer to
>put on.
>
>I have pretty well eliminated the Panther on the basis of higher price
>without apparent additional function to justify more money.  The Clarity
>Aloft set has a band that goes across the back of your head to stabilize the
>mic and resist any pull on the wires.  The QT AuriComm and LS L1 look to be
>very similar - I wonder if they come out of the same factory - but the L1
>has a cell phone interface and a longer warranty.
>
>Anyone have any additional information or experience with any of these to
>share?
>
>Keith Hallsten 
>  
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list