REFLECTOR: Set-Up to Paint (Top of) Fuselage

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Jun 19 08:51:24 CDT 2005


Bob,

I re-painted my canard and cowls with awlgrip.  Its a fantastic paint.  
Hard as diamonds but flexible. I don;t know how they do it.

When top coat painting you can do multiple coats, wait 30 to 60 minutes 
between coats.  I did mine in 3 coats per Awlgrips instructions. First 
layer heavy, each successive layer a lighter coat.  Came out like glass.

I plan on repainting the rest of the plane this fall.

Scott

Bob Jackson wrote:

> Could someone give us some ideas on how you painted your fuselage, 
> please?  We've created a 'jig' to suspend (without gear) our plane in 
> a wings level, or slightly nose-up or down attitude, but now we're 
> wondering what kind of scaffolding arrangement others have created to 
> allow them to reach and cover the very top of the fuselage.  We're 
> using AWLgrip, which is great paint if you can get it on, but it has 
> to be put on in a single pass -- once it's on, you can't go back, sand 
> out runs or blemishes or blend in a patch top coat in small areas.
>  
> Thanks,
> Bob Jackson
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list