REFLECTOR: Lightweight headsets

Christopher Barber CBarber at TexasAttorney.net
Sun Jun 19 01:58:52 CDT 2005


Maybe this is where you got the info, but "Aviation Consumer" just published
comparisons in this months issue.  I too am curious about how they really
work.....esp. since my head almost rubs on the side of my plane and I am
concerned that the headset will make it worse........plus I kinda like the
idea of them.

All the best,

Chris

>  -----Original Message-----
> From: 	reflector-bounces at tvbf.org
> [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]  On Behalf Of Keith Hallsten
> Sent:	Saturday, June 18, 2005 10:57 PM
> To:	Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject:	REFLECTOR: Lightweight headsets
> 
> Does anyone have experience with the lightweight "in-ear" headsets?  I
> have been looking at the following:
> 
> Quiet Technologies "AuriComm"  www.quiettechnologies.com
> <http://www.quiettechnologies.com>   $365
> 
> Lightspeed Aviation "L1"  www.anrheadsets.com/productsL1.asp
> <http://www.anrheadsets.com/productsL1.asp>   $399
> 
> Clarity Aloft   www.clarityaloft.com <http://www.clarityaloft.com>
> $550
> 
> Panther Electronics "Pilot Pro CATS"
> www.pantherelectronics.com/dual_headset.html
> <http://www.pantherelectronics.com/dual_headset.html>  $625
> 
> All of these claim noise attenuation as good or better than ANR headsets,
> but much lighter, no sweaty head, and no batteries or power wiring
> required.  The downside seems to be that you have to replace the
> memory-foam tips on the little speakers every couple of months, and they
> take a bit longer to put on.
> 
> I have pretty well eliminated the Panther on the basis of higher price
> without apparent additional function to justify more money.  The Clarity
> Aloft set has a band that goes across the back of your head to stabilize
> the mic and resist any pull on the wires.  The QT AuriComm and LS L1 look
> to be very similar - I wonder if they come out of the same factory - but
> the L1 has a cell phone interface and a longer warranty.
> 
> Anyone have any additional information or experience with any of these to
> share?
> 
> Keith Hallsten  << File: ATT00782.txt >> 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 3040 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20050619/849addaa/winmail.bin


More information about the Reflector mailing list