REFLECTOR: Builder's Insurance
Brett Ferrell
bferrell at 123mail.net
Sat Jun 18 11:41:17 CDT 2005
Terry -
I have USAA also, and they do contract it out, but I never had to send any
pictures or anything! I'd be interested in what they do for you, because
what they gave me is essentially not-in-motion coverage, event though it
says "construction", and I wonder if yours is going to come out cheaper....
They wrote mine with Accord, US Aircraft Insurance.
Brett
----- Original Message -----
From: "Terrence Miles" <terrence_miles at hotmail.com>
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2005 10:06 AM
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Builder's Insurance
>I have USAA. They do not insure "aircraft parts" under homeowners. It is
>a named exclusion that I learned of only by asking. They make is carry
>property coverage to an amount equal to 50% of the market value of my
>house, which is crazy.
>
> They do have an aircraft kit insurance program...but they have controls
> (you have to provide pic and technical details) to prevent partial
> coverage insurance. I think also they could be sub-contracting to another
> company. (Or so it seems.) I have not pursued insurance yet...but I will
> shortly.
> Terry
>
>>From: "Brian Michalk" <michalk at awpi.com>
>>Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>>To: "'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'" <reflector at tvbf.org>
>>Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Builder's Insurance
>>Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 08:23:10 -0700
>>
>>Same here.
>>
>> > -----Original Message-----
>> > From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org
>> > [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of tonybabb
>> > Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 11:10 PM
>> > To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>> > Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Builder's Insurance
>> >
>> > I am also building in my garage, the house insurers (Farmers)
>> > said they wouldn't cover a pile of bits that was destined to
>> > become an aircraft.
>> > ----- Original Message -----
>> > From: "lawrence epstein" <ljepstein at hotmail.com>
>> > To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
>> > Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 4:34 PM
>> > Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Builder's Insurance
>> >
>> >
>> > > State Farm.
>> > >
>> > > It is considered just another item in my house. Of course,
>> > you may have
>> > > limits on coverage for contents, but that can usually be
>> > increased for a
>> > > fee. The fact that it may someday become an aircraft should have no
>> > bearing.
>> > > As I understand it, it isn't an Aircraft until it is registered. (Of
>> > course
>> > > at that point, you may also be subject to various taxes..........
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > _______________________________________________
>> > > To change your email address, visit
>> > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> > >
>> > > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> > > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> > > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> > > Check old archives:
>> > http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> > >
>> >
>> >
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > To change your email address, visit
>> > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> >
>> > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> > Check old archives:
>> > http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> >
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>To change your email address, visit
>>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list