REFLECTOR: Nose wheel axle

Terrence Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 18 08:11:12 CDT 2005


Ronnie,
Sorry I missed the fly-in.  I was in Chicago.  Come "up" anytime.  That 
would be great.  We are right across the street from the Donaldson Airport.  
The tower chief is a cozy builder and over here all the time.
>From the up-country!
Terry

>From: "Ron Brown" <romott at adelphia.net>
>Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nose wheel axle
>Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:09:55 -0400
>
>Terry,
>
>I had planned to come down to see you - but I have decided to paint - I'm 
>getting tired of the primer look.
>
>See you in a few weeks - back to sanding!!!
>
>Ronnie
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Terrence Miles" 
><terrence_miles at hotmail.com>
>To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 7:41 AM
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nose wheel axle
>
>
>>I am just assembling my nose leg and wheel for the first time.  My washers 
>>were in reasonable shape with some trace of rust.  John Tvedte plane is 
>>here too at Hangar 18.  It's not that old, never been outside at all.  His 
>>nose washers are completed rusted.  All I can see off course are the 
>>exposed edges.  Can't say with the surfaces look like.  I sanded mine to 
>>shiney again, a the swim in laq thinner, and used sprayed them with 
>>Marhyde.  You have to look around to fine it.  It's a bondo company paint 
>>product.  A one-step etcher/primer in a spray can.  I got a light grey.  
>>It comes in other colors.  Works great.
>>
>>All of my other steel parts are getting the same.  As I strip off the 
>>green power coat I am finding rust...not a lot, but clearly there.
>>
>>Terry
>>
>>>From: John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
>>>Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>>>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>>>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nose wheel axle
>>>Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 21:04:07 -0500
>>>
>>>I greased my washers and the steering is better.  With grease, I don't 
>>>expect any
>>>corrosion to happen.
>>>
>>>John
>>>
>>>Bob Kuc wrote:
>>>
>>> > Scott,
>>> >
>>> > My axle does not have a slotted end.  It looks like both ends are
>>>threaded,
>>> > since the wheel pants use these threaded area.
>>> >
>>> > What about the washers.  Should I just clean them up and prime them or
>>> > should they be replaced?
>>> >
>>> > Bob
>>> > -
>>>
>>>
>>>_______________________________________________
>>>To change your email address, visit 
>>>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>
>>>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>To change your email address, visit 
>>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list