REFLECTOR: Leveling the plane

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Jun 16 09:29:17 CDT 2005


I built my gauge, at the time didn't know the factory had pre-built ones..

NMFlyer1 at aol.com wrote:

> I had an odd thing happen with my wing incidence guage. After I built 
> my wings, when I was getting ready to attach them to the plane I 
> noticed that the incidence guage was warped.
>  
> I called the factory and asked if I could buy a new one. They said 
> yes, but told me that many of them do that and it would still be 
> accurate. I asked them to pacify me and send another anyway, which 
> they did.
>  
> Once the new incidence guage showed up, I was a bit confused. They 
> were not the same size. One of them was about 2" longer than the 
> other. I called the factory and talked to Mark M. to find out what was 
> up. ( I thought one of them may be for the small wing, another for the 
> large wing). He had me measure them and then things got really strange.
> My origonal wing jig was not the right size for anything! Mark said he 
> really didnt know how that could happen, as they have a jig they build 
> them in. It was determined that the new one was correct. I am glad I 
> was anal enough to want to replace the warped jig because the origonal 
> one would have been wrong.
>  
> I appreciate the factory humoring me on my first call and sending the 
> jig anyway. They also did not charge me for the new jig.
>  
> So, if you have a bad feeling that a jig or piece is incorrect... 
> follow through. It just might be something is not right.
>  
> Kurt
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>


More information about the Reflector mailing list